Blog Archive

Jan 11, 2014

EDC Pocket Dump (the essentials)


This is what I'm likely to be accompanied by on a everyday basis (clockwise):

iPhone 4s
Kaweco Liliput (medium nib, black ink)
Notebook (DIN A6 size, Muji)
Watch (Boccia)
Flashlight (Fenix LD12, w/ AA eneloop)
Earbuds (Sony MDR whatever w/ remote control)
Wallet (Muji, credit card sized)
Tenugui (multipurpose handkerchief)
Keys (still too bulky, w/ Victorinox Midnite Manager & 64GB USB stick)

...right now, I'm awaiting the DTS Dangler by Munroeknives, hopefully to reduce some pocket wear and tear. The Tenugui is a traditional cloth from Japan, which I picked up in Tokyo - been using these ever since. As a father, a napkin/scarf/younameit always comes in handy, believe me.

You might notice that there is no heavy-duty multitool. I'm considering to get the black Gerber Dime, but am still quite happy with the Victorinox. Had it for about 8 to 9 years, the mini LED and pen on it have been really useful. Nevertheless, I do carry a dedicated flashlight, simply because it doubles as my front light while driving my bike (on a daily basis).

The fountain pen is ridiculously small, which is perfect for carrying - but still large enough to actually use it (writing, scribbling and drawing). I attached a clip from a Fisher Space Pen (had to bend it a bit, 'though), so it goes nicely into my pocket without the risk of loosing it due to its size. I use it a lot,  since I overcame my mental barrier to only let perfect drawings and well phrased stuff onto the paper. Now it is really *used* for everyday stuff. And imperfect drawings.

The relatively slim wallet contains about 4 to 6 cards and a bit of cash. Nothing fancy, decent enough.

Since this only represents the essential stuff, I will gather my extended kit for a quick photo, soon...
Possibly, maybe.

No comments: