Blog Archive

Jun 13, 2010

...summertime...

...and the living's easy.

Well, maybe the fish are jumping, but I will stop stressing the lyrics of this song right now. Just wanted to give myself the bump of realizing that the last post is already a fortnight old. But to keep you reassured, I don't sleep! Cause sleep is the cousin of death (damnit, get out of my head!).

So, right now I'm working on a project which is already lurking in the ranks for quite a time. It's the upcoming mixtape (cassette, that is), which will be completed by the "Gratitude of Mister Nguyen"-mix. For those who're not familiar with it, you can still peep it here.

The part I'm working, is already up in tidbits for a taste:
  Binh' PREVIEW for the upcoming mixcassette, read: real tape, mofos! by binhlovesyou


I've been making my first one-take-tapes back in school. I think back then I used to have a new one every two months or so, dragging around about 20 to 30 copies and handing them out to whoever was interested. For each edition I made a cover, printed the labels, and all that stuff (far from working w/ any photoshop creative suite, but I guess these are the grassroots). Since then aint much changed as far as I know, except that I don't eat pork and I do taebo (ok, no more quotes, but this one belongs to Masta Ace, and I really can not stop the lines popping into my mind...).
So, nowadays I have way higher developed tools and techniques, but the mixes now get created only every one or to years. Nevertheless... I just wanted to ask you:

Do you still own tapedecks? Maybe in your cheapskate-car (no pun intended), the bathroom or the kitchen? Or is it enough to buy a fancy retro-style-analogue-tape-design-apparel? To give you a little hint, how my tapes look like before getting dubbed, have a zip (on the left, please).

No comments: